June 22, 2011

Inked!!


I finally did it! I've been wanting a tattoo forever. I've been thinking about it for about 10 years or so. The last few years I got serious about it.  My first tattoo is my grandfather's signature and "love you" in his handwriting. I love it. To me it isn't just a reminder of him but a reminder to myself to live my life with fewer regrets. When he passed away I had so many regrets... I wish I had said a proper goodbye. I wish I had thanked him for always being there for me. I wish I had spent more time with him. I regret every single time I passed on a game night invitation or drove by without stopping in just to say hi. I wish I had one last time to give him a hug and hear him say, "Hey Martsarelli".  I miss him, and I miss the moments I didn't have with him. I am trying so hard to make sure I spend more time with the people I love and to let them know how much they mean to me.

I love you Poppy and we all miss you every day.
On the lighter side, now that I've gotten over the fear of the unknown I can't wait to get another tattoo!

No comments: